Administrative history unavailable.
The 100 Mile House Women's Institute was established in 1950 in the Cariboo District and was disbanded in 1956.
The 140 Mile Women's Institute was established in the Cariboo District.
153 Mile Store was a retail store and post office on the Cariboo Road.
The 29th (Vancouver) Battalion Association was established after World War I by members of the 29th Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force. The 29th was formed in 1914 made up of detachments from four regiments - the 11th Irish Fusiliers, the 6th Duke of Connaughts Own Rifles, the 104th Westminster Fusiliers, and the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada. In 1915 the Battalion left Vancouver for England, then France and Belgium to participate in the battles at the Somme, Vimy Ridge, Ypres, St. Eloi and others.
The 54th Battalion Association was established in 1928 and held an annual banquet for veterans of the 54th Battalion of the Canadian Expeditionary Force. The Association also worked to collect records pertaining to the 54th Battalion and its members.
In 1985, thirty-five people met in St. Peter's Catholic Church to form the 7-10 Club Society. The purposes of the inter-faith society are to provide free, hot meals to the needy, to provide opportunities for individuals or groups to become involved in helping needy people and to receive donations for use in helping the needy. The Society is also committed to providing services without discrimination or bias. Founding members included: Eleanor Chapman, Rose Zazonskowski, Patrick Leahy, Donald Bishop, Helen Hedberg, Patricia L'Hirondelle, Loretta Plett, Kay-Ellen Sharrock and Martin Godley. The 7-10 Club Society is governed by an elected board, is a registered charitable institution and is operated solely by volunteers.
Aaronson's Drug Store is a pharmacy located in Victoria, B.C.
The Abbeyfield Society was originally formed in Britain in 1956 by Major Richard Carr-Gomm, who was concerned by the large number of elderly people who were living alone. He thought a form of group home where each person had their own room but shared kitchen and common living room space, with a housekeeper to oversee things, would be the answer. A local Abbeyfield group was formed in Vernon in 1993, and began working towards acquiring a house to serve this purpose. Jack Peters was asked to conduct a fundraising feasibility study for this project. A fundraising campaign was launched in 1996 to raise the money needed to renovate a property at 3511 - 27th Avenue in order to become a suitable Abbeyfield residence. The home was opened in the spring of 1999.
The Abbotsford Mennonite Brethren Bible School was established in 1936.
The Abbotsford Ratepayers' Association was established in 1937.
Elizabeth Abbott was the daughter of R.H. Alexander, an early Vancouver pioneer. She was married to J. L. G. Abbott, a Vancouver lawyer.
Harry Abbott was the general superintendent of the Canadian Pacific Railway in British Columbia.
In the mid-1970s, the Presbyterian, Lutheran, United Church, Roman Catholic, and Anglican communities in Kamloops began plans for an ecumenical venture in the south-west section of Kamloops. In 1979, they formed the Aberdeen Hills PLURA Society, and together they purchased five acres of land adjacent to Aberdeen Elementary School. The intention was to develop a jointly owned and operated site and centre for worship, study, and outreach. The vision was never realized.