The Port Haney Brick & Tile Company Limited was established in 1907 by Harold Burnet, Edward G. Baynes, and William M. Horie to take advantage of a growing market for brick downriver in Vancouver. The operation was located on a rich deposit of clean clay along the banks of the Fraser River, making it ideal for the creation and distribution of their product. The success of the company was augmented by the availability of inexpensive labour using migrants from India and China. The company specialized in facing bricks, drainage tiles, and, after WWII, consumer-oriented garden tiles.
The name was changed to Haney Brick & Tile Limited ca. 1947 when river traffic had reduced to the point that "Port" was no longer relevant in the name of the town. The company closed in 1977 when the operations of the kilns were no longer as profitable as they had once been.
Haney Brick & Tile Limited was managed by three individuals over the course of its existence: Harold Burnet from 1907-1946, Jim Hadgkiss 1946-1970, and Alan Findlay 1970-1977.
Some of the structures built by the company for its use remain as heritage pieces in the municipality of Maple Ridge.