- Corporate body
- 1896-[ca. 2000]
The Mater Misericordiae Hospital was founded in 1896 by the Order of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Newark and is one of the oldest hospitals in the B.C. Interior. The Hospital Auxiliary was organized in 1938. In 1939, the present structure was added and the old wing subsequently removed. On 2 July 1969, the Hospital changed ownership from the Sisters to the Rossland Hospital Society. The Hospital has been an accredited facility since 1972. Founded on a tradition of caring and sharing, efforts are directed towards maintaining that tradition.