The records were donated to the Archives on January 27, 1998 by Marguerite Wood and her daughter Grace Schmidt and on June 21, 2000 by Grace Schmidt.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of records from the Albert E. Wood family. It includes personal and business correspondence, three nursing notebooks belonging to Marguerite Wood, certificates, ephemera and photographs of family, scenes in Prince Rupert such as fishing boats, the cold storage plant, 5th Avenue West and 2nd Avenue West in the 1920s, Rebekah Lodge members, Tsimpsian Lodge members, the 1930 graduating class of the Prince Rupert Hospital School of Nursing, Bill Smith and Bill Wilson-Murray of Northern B.C. Power. It also includes records and postcards from Margaret Maddrell, Bert Wood's sister, and her first husband, Thomas Clwydd Williams.