The Armstrong Branch of the Okanagan Historical Society was established in 1950, as a branch of the Okanagan Historical Society, which was formed in 1925. Various groups held meetings irregularly through the years. In 1976 members in Enderby voted to re-establish the branch, calling it the Armstrong/Enderby Branch. The purpose of the organization is to encourage the dissemination of the history of the Armstrong/Enderby area through submissions of articles for Okanagan Historical Society Reports. The organization supports work in the local cemeteries, local museums and other related heritage projects. Guest speakers at meetings twice each year share memories and historical research.