In 1920, the Presbyterian Church began a mission centred in Greenwood, B.C., but also served several small mining and forestry communities, including Midway, Rock Creek, Bridesville and Beaverdell, located up the Kettle Valley. In the mining community of Beaverdell, the congregation met in a schoolhouse for many years. Between 1920 and 1922, the Greenwood mission field was served by a student missionary, and in 1922 an ordained minister was appointed. The Greenwood field (including Beaverdell) entered the United Church in 1925. The congregation built Beaverdell United Church in 1959, and it was opened in December of that year. The community has been very small over the years, and by 1971, the Greenwood Pastoral Charge was served by the minister from the Grand Forks Pastoral Charge, with many of the services at Beaverdell being led by lay people within the congregation. By the late 1980's, the elderly congregation decided that they could not carry on.