The original Bowen Island School was founded in 1893 and was operated by volunteer trustees chosen from among the students’ parents. By the late 1940s, the school was administered by the Sechelt School District. It closed in 1971 after most of the Island’s children had begun to attend schools in West Vancouver.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of operational records of Bowen Island School, including annual reports (1893-1970), minutes and expense reports (1926-1946), correspondence, and the visitor’s book (1894-1922).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication