Fonds - Bridgeview United Church (Surrey, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Bridgeview United Church (Surrey, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    CA PMRCA

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1954-1966 (Creation)
      Creator
      Bridgeview United Church (Surrey, B.C.)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    4.5 cm of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Biographical history

    Services were first held in Bridgeview district in the summer of 1949 in the home of a local resident. It was soon felt that in order for the church to best serve the community, it would be necessary to have a building of their own. Plans were drawn up and on June 20, 1955 the Bridgeview United Church held dedication services. Student ministers primarily supplied Bridgeview United Church. However, from 1965-1966 the minister was supplied from Royal Heights. The church was closed in 1966. Occasional services were held in 1968 and 1968, when other ministers were available for Communion services. In 1969 the Church Board was approached to rent the building for a kindergarten class. After the kindergarten contract expired, the building was used for pre-school groups and recreational training. The property was sold in 1974.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of Baptismal records (1954-1965), Burial records (1956-1961); Communion roll (1954-1962); Official Board minutes (1955-?), Official Board reports (1959-1961), Congregational meetings minutes (1956-1966), Building Fund Committee minutes (1955); Building Fund Committee correspondence and receipts (1960-1963); Annual reports (1962-1964).

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Box list available. Online Finding Aid

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alpha-numeric designations

        BCAUL control number: UCCBC-387

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area