Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Interest in coal mining near Logan Gulch, southeast of Grindrod was revived in 1953, when Cliffview Colliery Ltd. was incorporated to mine coal discovered in this vicinity in 1904. Shareholders N.S. Johnson, S.A. Lundman, and E. Pecher loaned money to the company to build a storage facility, purchase equipment and pay wages. the company was unsuccessful in its endeavours. In May 1956 all accounts payable were given in shares, and at the final meeting October 1957it was decided to give all equipment and assets to the Bank of Montreal.