Deep Creek Pound District was established in 1954 under the provisions of the provincial Pound District Act of 1948. The District covered an area north and west of Enderby, including Deep Creek, Gardom Lake, Gunter-Ellison, Two-Mile, Springbend and Enderby; the northern boundary was Salmon Arm District Municipality and the southern boundary was Spallumcheen District Municipality. The pound keeper was responsible for impounding stray livestock, maintaining records, and either receiving payment from the owner or selling the livestock at auction. Harry Winterhalder was appointed pound keep in 1972, to replacy Benjamin Johnston. Harry retired in 2005.