The glass negatives were donated by a friend of John Davidson's widow. They were housed on site at Riverview Hospital in the museum operated by the Riverview Hospital Historical Society until it closed in 2012. Since then, they have been stored at the home of Anna Tremere.
Scope and content
The subseries consists of 13 b&w glass plate negatives depicting the West Lawn building, which opened in 1913, as well as interior shots of various labs and lounges, and the dormitory. There is also a photograph of an unidentified building, and an interior shot of the shoe workshop at the Provincial Hospital for the Insane in New Westminster, B.C.