The F.V. Delta Cooperative Association was formed in October, 1919, when directors of the Fraser Valley Milk Producers addressed a meeting in the Delta Municipal Hall for the purposes of promoting the formation of a local cooperative association. The purpose of the association was to purchase and distribute bulk orders of feed, seed, sacks and other farming supplies, which would save money for the individual farmer. The proposal was endorsed unanimously, and the following men were elected Provisional Directors: L.W. Embree, Robert Pybus, Rupert Fisher, George Donley, W. Townsend, John Guichon, and John Savage. The first president was Mr. Townsend, the first Vice President Mr. Embree, and the first Secretary-Treasurer Mr. Guichon. The Association was incorporated under the Cooperative Associations Act of B.C. and membership was by the purchase of shares. In 1919 the Association offered 5,000 shares at $50.00 each. The Association's work was carried out by a hired manager who canvassed members to create a purchase list and arranged distribution of farming supplies from railway stops throughout Delta and from rented warehouse space in Ladner. In 1927 the Cooperative purchased E.L. Berry's lot behind the Municipal Hall on Bridge Street, and built a warehouse and established its business there until it closed in the early 1980s. The buildings and services provided by the Association expanded over the years to include hardware and feed grain businesses. The Co-op's elevator or grain tower, built in the late 1940s, became a landmark in Ladner until it was demolished in 1981. In December 1954, a meeting was held to consider a Proposed Extraordinary Resolution, which would amalgamate the F.V. Delta Co-operative Association with the Surrey Co-operative Association. The resolution passed and the two associations were amalgamated in 1955 under the name Surrey Cooperative Association.