Series - Finance files

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Finance files

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Series

    Reference code

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1912-1992 (Creation)
      Creator
      Anglican Church of Canada. Diocese of Kootenay. Synod

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    52 cm of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Administrative history

    The Diocese of Kootenay was formed according to a decision of the Synod of the Diocese of New Westminster in November 1899 to divide the latter Diocese. The boundaries of the Diocese of Kootenay were established as that area of the Diocese of New Westminster extending along 120 degrees longitude eastward to the British Columbia and Alberta border. In 1900 the Synod of the new Diocese met for the first time in Nelson. At this meeting, Nelson was chosen as the See city and St. Saviour's Church as the Cathedral. The basis of division of the Diocese of New Westminster stipulated that a Bishop for the new Diocese would not be elected until funds were in place, in the form of a Bishopric Endowment Fund, to support a Bishop. Until 1914 when this condition was met and a first Bishop was elected, the Bishop of New Westminster maintained jurisdiction over Kootenay. In 1903 the Synod of the Diocese of Kootenay was incorporated by act of the provincial legislature. In the early 1950's a Synod Office was established in Kelowna and, since about 1955, the Bishop has resided in Kelowna. In 1987 St. Michael and All Angels' Church in Kelowna was constituted the Cathedral.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Series consists of correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records, legal records. Consists of classes 600 to 670, including files relating to audits; budgets; funding sources, including the Anglican Foundation and British Columbia and Yukon Church Aid Society (B.C.Y.C.A.S.); funds and estates; and investments.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alpha-numeric designations

        BCAUL control number: ANGKOOT-724

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area