The Reverend George Alexander Rix was born in 1865 at Crownhill, Ontario. He attended the Barrie Collegiate Institute and Barrie Normal School, after which he taught for two years at Hobart, Ontario. Between 1889 and 1893 he attended Toronto university and Wycliffe College and he graduated in 1893. Ordained deacon the same year and priest in 1894, he was incumbent of the Carrington and Beaverton, Ontario churches (1893-1897) and assistant Rector at the Church of the Redeemer in Toronto (1897-1898). Appointed Chaplain of the 34th regiment during this time, Reverend Rix was appointed Dean of Wycliffe College in 1899. From 1902 to 1913, he was Rector at Orangeville in the Niagara Diocese. In 1913, Reverend Rix and his family arrived in Prince Rupert, B.C. and Archbishop DuVernet appointed him Canon of St. Andrew's Cathedral the same year. Transferred to 102nd N.B.C. regiment as Chaplain, he was one of the first three chaplains appointed to the Canadian militia and awarded the Victory Decoration after World War I. Appointed Archdeacon of Prince Rupert, Reverend G.A. Rix was elected as administrator of the Diocese of Caledonia in 1924, while also carrying on the work of the parish of Prince Rupert (1924-1928). During these years he raised an important episcopal endowment fund for the Diocese of Caledonia while consolidating the work previously done by Archbishop DuVernet. Presented with the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity by Wycliffe College (1928), he was consecrated Bishop of Caledonia by the Rev. A.U. de Pencier, Archbishop of New Westminster in 1928. He served as third Bishop of Caledonia (1928-1945) raising and spending large amounts of monies to fund church organizations and missionary work in Caledonia. Under his administration the old Mission boat "Northern Cross" was replaced with a new one, the Bishop's House was built, and three outstanding organizations made worthwile contributions to diocesan life: the Church Army, the Woman's Auxiliary, and the Sunday School. In 1929 and 1930 Reverend Rix visited England and attended the Lambeth Conference. He was awarded two medals by his Majesty the King for church development in the Diocese of Caledonia. In 1945, a few months after the death of his wife, Archbishop Rix also died. During his bishopric the Diocese of Caledonia, which occupies roughly half of the province of British Columbia, developed quickly creating the need for new parishes in many parts of the diocese. In spite of the nature of the country and the difficulty of access to several areas, parishes were established and churches were built.