The collection consists of records relating to the history of the Saanichton Research Station including a draft history written by Margaret Watson.
The collection consists of copies of original documents, newspaper clippings and historical documents about the purchase of land from the Indians in 1852 by James Douglas, a wharf built in 1879, burial grounds, the Chinook Dictionary, Saanich legends, Indian art, the school system, the opening of the Indian School in 1894 and "salt water people".
The collection consists of circulars, publicity supplement, and newspaper clippings, giving details of the families and original organizations who were previous owners of parkland on the Saanich peninsula.
The collection consists of Department of Transport agreements and other records relating to airport planning, vintage planes, the transfer of Victoria Airport to the Airport Authority, the purchase by Viking Air of Shell Aerocentre, air show information, the airport's 60th Anniversary, airport expansion and the Aero Club.
The collection consists of circulars, heritage evaluation records from Central Saanich District, programmes, newspaper supplements and clippings relating to the history of Portland Cement in Canada by Pim Butchart, 1904 to 1921, details of employees and equipment at the plant, instructions for a horseless carriage, information about the construction of the Butcharts' home, and details about the establishment and development of the garden. Includes information on the celebration of the 50th and 100th anniversaries.
The collection consists of booklets, notes, newspaper clipping, correspondence, biographies, and other historical records relating to the history of the Norman Morison ship, of pioneer families relating to the ship. Includes a partial diary of Robert Melrose and a short biography of Capt. D.D. Wishart, master of the sailing vessel Norman Morison.
The collection consists of memoranda of agreements, mail contracts and other records relating to the establishment of post offices on the Saanich peninsula, including information about the 100th anniversary of some post offices.
The collection consists of copies of original documents, reports, newsletters, and newspaper clippings relating to the history and development of the Saanich Historical Artifacts Society.
The collection consists of a circular report and historical extracts giving details of construction of about 115 miles of the telegraph line along the south shore of Vancouver Island.
The collection consists of copies of official documents, reports, brochures and newspaper clippings, including a series of "Looking back" articles from the Times-Colonist noting interesting facts.
The collection consists of historical articles, newspaper clippings, and other records relating facts about homemade wine, importing loganberries, finding a market, and canning the local berries.
The collection consists of brochures, newsclippings, and other records relating to the building, equipment and activities of the observatory.
The collection consists of transcripts of interviews, historical articles, newspaper clippings and other records relating to the history of the fire department.
The collection consists of photographs depicting individuals and families on the Saanich Peninsula, as well as community associations and events, businesses, buildings, farms, logging activities, schools, and churches in Saanich, Saanichton, Sidney and area. Collection includes a significant number of photographs of the following families: Brethour, Butler, Marcotte, Oldfield, Turgoose, John, and Lidgate.
The collection consists of brochures, newspaper clippings, and historical documents about pioneers (including early black settlers) and churches on Salt Spring Island.