Kitsilano United Church (Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Kitsilano United Church (Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1952-1992

History

Kitsilano United Church was formed when St. Stephen’s United Church and Crosby United Church amalgamated in 1952. This new congregation met at the former Crosby United Church at Second Avenue and Larch Street. Plans for a new building began in 1956, and the replacement Kitsilano United Church building at Second and Larch was opened in November, 1959. In 1988, conversations regarding amalgamation of Kitsilano United Church and St. James United Church began, and amalgamation was completed in 1992. The new congregation, Trinity United Church, became a partner in a new building that they shared with St. Mark’s Anglican parish (also located at Second Avenue and Larch Street).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

BCANS Coordinator June 26, 2016

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places