Fonds MG26 - Lake Cowichan Parent-Teacher Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lake Cowichan Parent-Teacher Association fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    CA KSM MG26

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1952-1971 (Creation)
      Creator
      Lake Cowichan Parent-Teacher Association

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    11 cm of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Biographical history

    In 1935 the idea for forming a parent's organization were discussed, which led to a meeting on March 19, 1936 of an interested group chaired by Roy Temple, principal. Officers were elected and the association was formed. Mr. Temple, president; Mrs. W. Grosskleg, secretary - treasurer; Col. Boyd, treasurer. there were 8 charter members - Mr. J.C. Bailey; Col. & Mrs. J.H. Boyd; Mrs. W.F. Grosskleg; Mrs. A.C. Howe; Mrs. D.J. Madill; Mrs. F.J. Reed and Mr. Temple. The first project was to purchase an Encyclopedia Britannica. Over the years many articles were purchased for the schools, from radios to play equipment. Money was given to United Organizations and Labour Day sports. A milk programme was sponsored and beginning in 1945 it began sponsoring a high school graduation banquet. cups and trophies were donated for sports days and music festivals. In 1947 the PTA put on a stage play and was so successful that it was continued for several years until a separate Drama Club was formed(MG24). In 1955 the PTA was almost abandoned due to lack of volunteers. Mr. Saywell agreed to chair the meetings. Through various formats and name changes the PTA is still in existence.(1997)

    Custodial history

    The records were donated by the PTA and Annie Padjen who, was at one time, the secretary.

    Scope and content

    The fonds consists of 4 series which include minutes, constitution, history and membership.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Series level descriptions available.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alpha-numeric designations

        BCAUL control number: KSM-2166

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area