Latimer Hall (Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Latimer Hall (Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence

        History

        Latimer Hall was an evangelical institution, initially named Bishop Latimer College. It officially opened in 1910 at 1548 Haro Street, Vancouver, as one of the two training schools that were an integral part of the Anglican Theological College of British Columbia (ATC). It was incorporated in 1911. The organizational structure included Trustees, a Council and Executive Committee, a Finance Committee and a Committee on Students. The officers were appointed. In 1920 Latimer Hall merged with St. Mark's Hall, becoming a unified body under the name "The Anglican Theological College of British Columbia" (A.T.C.), but remained at the same location. In 1927 the College moved to a new location on the University of British Columbia campus. In 1971, it amalgamated with Union College to form the Vancouver School of Theology. The formation of Latimer Hall has been supported by leading persons connected with Wycliffe College, Toronto, the Church Missionary Society and leading evangelicals of England.

        Places

        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Occupations

        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language(s)

          Script(s)

            Sources

            Maintenance notes