1889 Skeena Drive
Port Edward, BC
CA V0V 1G0
North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site
The North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site is owned by the District of Port Edward and operated by the North Coast Marine Museum Society. It was originally established as the North Coast Marine Museum in 1977 and moved to its present location on the side of the North Pacific Cannery in 1986. The North Pacific Cannery was designated a National Historic Site by Parks Canada in 1985. The museum acquires artifacts, archival records and reference material relating to the North Pacific Cannery and to all aspects of the fishing industry on the north coast of B.C.
The society collects materials related to the fishing industry. The collection includes papers, financial records books, manuals and other material for several canneries and shipyards. There is a photograph collection, maps, charts, boat plans and some oral histories.
Inclusive Dates: 1880-1970<br /> Predominant Dates: 1920-1950
See <a href="http://www.cannery.ca" target="_blank">Website</a> for detailed opening times.
Revised by BCANS Coordinator, March 12, 2011.