An order associated with the Masons, the Cypress Chapter was instituted on February 6, 1960 and constituted on January 14, 1961. The Chapter's Worthy Matron was Mrs. FJ Reed and Worthy Patron was Mr. FJ Reed. The organization assisted in local and provincial causes. The local chapter had a Cancer Dressing Station and they supported the Cancer Project. They sponsored the Elizabeth Bentley Scholarship Fund and Estarl, which made awards for religious leadership. Meetings were held in 1959 to determine the feasibility of starting a chapter and a petition was signed by 7 men and 42 women who were eligible. The first officers were: Marguerite Reed - Worthy Matron;Fred Reed - Worthy Patron; Gladys Tambling - Associate Matron; David Madill - Associate Patron. The meetings were held at the Anglican Hall and on February 6, 1960 44 members were initiated. A Chapter Rug was made by the members in 1962 & 1963. The Cancer Dressing Station began in 1962 and undertook to provide free cancer dressings to all cancer patients "irrespective of color, race and creed and with no means test." The last Matron was Barbara Stewart and the last Patron was Les Stewart in 1990-91. The reasons for ending the Chapter are not known, although lack of members was probably largely responsible.