Osoyoos Fire Brigade

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Osoyoos Fire Brigade

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Osoyoos Fire Brigade was organized by the Board of Trade with Percy Bates as chief, Ralph Lewis as assistant, and Delbert Long as captain. The Penticton Fire Department sold their Rio fire engine to Osoyoos for $600. Most of the fires were chimney fires; water barrels were recycled from the Osoyoos Bakery. After WW II, army surplus clothing served as uniforms. Two major fires were at the Osoyoos Evaporation Company and the Jorde Sawmill. By 1953, another fire truck was added just in time to fight a second sawmill fire north of the town. Mr. Bates retired in 1966 and was followed by Howard Compeau as acting chief until Paul Balogh took over.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Osoyoos Museum Society

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created January 13, 2010

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places