The Osoyoos Women’s Institute was organized by Zella McGregor of Penticton in 1938. Early projects included school sanitation, welfare, Christmas celebrations, water testing, and formation of the local Boy Scout troop and a Parent-Teachers Association. During WW II, the institute was engaged in knitting projects, fundraising, procurement of a doctor for Osoyoos, and general welfare for the local community. Similar activities carried on after the war, including the creation of footpaths, fundraising for the hospital, and the collection of clothing for Unitarian relief. The Osoyoos Women’s Institute folded in 1988 because of lack of membership.