The first Silver Creek school was built in 1904, the second in 1911/12, and the present school in 1970. In the early days, schools operated under the general guidance of the Ministry of Education and the public School Act, each with their own governing board. Curriculum and texts were set by Victoria, education was left to the teacher, and inspectors from outside the district called in twice a year to observe the learning process and classroom managment. The boards made sure that teachers were paid, supplies were available and the building maintained. When the province amalgamated school districts in 1946, Salmon Arm School District #20 came into being, taking in the surrounding rural areas of Falkland, Silver Creek, the North Shuswap, Tappen, and Eagle River.