The Silver Leaf Temple was the women's branch of the Knights of Pythias. The Rathbone Sisters held its first meeting November 7, 1900 in the Free Press Hall. Anne E. Wilson was installed as Most Excellent Chief. Around 1903, the New Westminster Temple No. 1 became defunct and turned in their Charter. The Silver Leaf Temple was then renumbered No. 1. The organization provided sick and death benefits to its members.