Springbend Community Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Springbend Community Club

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence

        History

        The Springbend Community Club was formed in 1952 to serve the Springbend community 5 km north of Enderby along Highway 97. The club was officially incorporated in 1957 when it was deeded the Springbend School. The club met monthly, hosted a variety of social events including monthly bingos, and sponsored school scholarships. For a centennial project the club renovated the school building. The group published the community history, 'Springbend Recollections', in 1987. The Springbend Community Club was officially disbanded in December 1996, when it donated the Springbend Community Hall to the Enderby & District Museum Society.

        Places

        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Occupations

        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language(s)

          Script(s)

            Sources

            Maintenance notes