Fonds - St. Hilda with St. Andrew, Pender Harbour Parish fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Hilda with St. Andrew, Pender Harbour Parish fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1935-1991 (Creation)
      Creator
      St. Hilda with St. Andrew, Pender Harbour Parish (Sechelt, B.C.)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    46.5 cm of textual records;1 cemetery plan

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Biographical history

    The congregations in the parish of Sechelt were originally served by the Columbia Coast Mission and the Skookum Chuck Mission at Egmont. In 1928 the southern section of the Skookum Chuck Mission was separated and worked from St. Bartholomew's, Gibsons. Within this parish, churches were opened at Sechelt (St. Hilda's) and Roberts Creek (St. Aidan's) during the 1930's. St. Hilda's, Sechelt was separated from Gibsons and Roberts Creek in 1964. At the same time, St. Mary's, Garden Bay at Pender Harbour (opened as a Columbia Coast Mission hospital chapel in 1939) and the Church of His Presence, Redroofs at Halfmoon Bay (opened in 1962) were attached to the new parish. These two churches closed in the early 1970's. New work was begun in Madeira Park at Pender Harbour and in 1979 a new church, named St. Andrew's, was dedicated. St. Andrew's was separated from St. Hilda's, Sechelt in 1992.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of parish registers (1923, 1932-1990; photocopied transcripts in part), baptism register (1963-1990; photocopy), marriage register (1964-1977), civil registers (1935-1990; photocopies in part), service registers, vestry and parish council records (1937-1972), correspondence, reports, cemetery records, membership lists, statistics, newsletters, clippings, printed material. Includes Halfmoon Bay, Church of His Presence, Redroofs; Pender Harbour, St. Andrew; Pender Harbour, St. Mary; and former Columbia Coast Mission port of calls, including Anderson Bay; Brittain River; Campbell River, St. Peter; Cortes Island; Egmont; Gerald Island; Gwayasdums; Halfmoon Bay; Kingcome Inlet; Lasqueti Island, Church of the Good Shepherd; Lund; Merry Island; Nelson Island; Port Neville; Quathiaski Cove, St. John; Read Island; St. Vincent Bay; Salmon Inlet; Savary Island; Texada Island; Tucker Bay; Vancouver Bay; Village Island. Parish register of Columbia Coast Mission/St. Mary, Pender Harbour includes: baptisms (1943-1970), confirmations (1940-1955), marriages (1943-1971), burials (1943-1969); parish register of Church of the Good Shepherd, Lasqueti Island (1952-1958) and Church of His Presence, Redroofs, Halfmoon Bay (1962-1973) includes: baptisms (1952-1958, 1962-1972), marriages (1952-1953, 1962-1973), burials (1952-1958, 1962-1972); photocopied transcripts from parish register of St. Bartholomew, Gibsons include: confirmations (1941-1988) and burials (1923, 1932-1990). Service register (1949-1957) of the M.S. John Antle also includes baptisms (1949-1956) and burials (1949-1956).

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alpha-numeric designations

        BCAUL control number: ANGNW-427

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area