St. Pauls church was built in 1928 and services were held by the Columbia Coast Mission until a vicar was appointed in 1929. He was also assigned responsibility for the Northern Mission, including the Quatsino region. Port Alice and Quatsino remained linked for several decades. In 1964 the parish was known as "St. Paul's, Port Alice with Quatsino and Northern Mission." In 1967, a proposal was developed by representatives of local United, Roman Catholic and Anglican congregations to build a church and hall at Rumble Beach (Port Alice). The furnishings from St. Paul's were moved to a new building and the church was demolished. The new Ecumenical Church of St. John was dedicated on November 3, 1968. In 1986, and perhaps earlier, the parish was affiliated with St. John Gualbert, Port McNeill, and St. Olafs, Quatsino. In 1998 it was part of St. Columba Anglican / United, Port Hardy and St. John Ecumenical, Port Alice.