Fonds - St. Peter's Parish (Campbell River, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Peter's Parish (Campbell River, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1927-1998 (Creation)
      Creator
      St. Peter's Parish (Campbell River, B.C.)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    46 cm of textual records;4 architectural records;1 photograph

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Biographical history

    The Campbell River area was served by the Columbia Coast Mission in 1930. A meeting was held in May, 1930 to plan the construction of St. Peter's Church, which was built by 1931. The first service was held on March 22, 1931. The Church was consecrated on June 1, 1941. For many years, it was used by both Anglican and United congregations. (A United Church was not built until 1951.) In 1943, the "newly-formed parochial district" of St. Peter was assigned a resident clergyman. The position was vacant from 1948 to 1950. The parish currently includes St. Saviour's, Cortes Island. The sod was turned for a new church of St. Peter in 1987. The parish at one time included St. Philip's, Sayward (also known as Salmon River) but that property and church were sold. St. Peter's is located at 228 South Dogwood St.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of parish registers, church committee records, minutes, reports, membership lists, women's organization records, photograph, property records, architectural records, and related documentation and correspondence. Parish registers include: baptisms (1936-1962), confirmations (1931-1974), banns (1963-1986), marriages (1931-1998), civil marriages (1962-1986), burials (1957-1974), and services (1931-1961).

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Finding aid is available.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alpha-numeric designations

        BCAUL control number: ANGBC-216

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area