St. Stephen's United Church is one of two points in the Qualicum Pastoral Charge. The other point is Grace United Church (Coombs, B.C.). St. Stephen's United Church began its life as Qualicum Beach Presbyterian Church. Presbyterian work began in the Qualicum Beach area with the arrival of a minister to serve the Parksville Mission Field in 1913. In April, 1914, the minister from Parksville began providing services in a school house and later, in Fishers Hall, which was across from the railway station in Qualicum Beach. A Session was constituted in November, 1915 for the Parksville Mission Field, with members being elected from Parksville, Errington, Hilliers and Qualicum Beach. By 1917, Coombs was also a part of this field. The first church building, Qualicum Beach Presbyterian Church was erected at Qualicum Beach in February, 1920. The Parksville Mission Field came into church union in 1925, but the field was reorganized in 1927. From 1927 to 1942, Qualicum Pastoral Charge included Dashwood, Bowser and Fanny Bay while Parksville Pastoral Charge included Coombs, Errington and Nanoose. In 1942, the Parksville-Qualicum Pastoral Charge was formed and also included Errington and Coombs. This remained until 1953. In 1953, the Qualicum Pastoral Charge was re-formed to include Coombs, an arrangement that continues to this day. In 1941, a new church was built in the centre of Qualicum and was renamed St. Stephen's United Church. This was replaced with a new church building which was opened and dedicated in 1961, while the old church building became a Christian Education Centre.