The functions of Land and Building Services (primarily engineering, and grounds and building maintenance) were originally the responsibility of the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds – first established in 1943 within the Bursar's Office, and later the Dean of Administrative and Financial Services. That position was subsumed into the Office of Physical Plant in 1967. In 1986 Physical Plant was re-organized into two departments, Plant Operations and Physical Design and Construction. In 1988 Physical Design and Construction merged with Facilities Planning to form Campus Planning and Development (later renamed Campus and Community Planning). Plant Operations continued as a separate department until 1998, when it was subsumed within Land and Building Services under the direction of Associate Vice-President Geoff Atkins. During the next ten years UBC’s sustainability and community planning initiatives, along with its traditional plant operations and utilities management, were directed from within the Land and Building Services framework. In 2009 these responsibilities were re-organized and dispersed. Atkins was placed in charge of the University’s sustainability initiatives within Campus and Community Planning. Plant operations and utilities management were placed within Building Operations, under Managing Director David Woodson, which in turn was placed within the portfolio of Vice-President Finance, Resources and Operations Pierre Ouillet.
Transportation and utilities
1 authority records results for Transportation and utilities
Corporate body · 1998-2009